Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Review of Atlantic Oskar 1080 CD, 504 DVD Multimedia Storage Tower in Maple or Espresso

Originally submitted at Cymax.com

The Oskar 1080 Media Tower has a clean and simple traditional design ideal for any contemporary home that needs a little help organizing favorite music and movie selections. With plenty of room for CDs and DVDs, this media storage tower will be a welcome addition to any room in your home. Features:...


CD shelf for Books??

By Adam the Mathematician from Lowell, MA on 10/6/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: Adjustable shelf heights, Attractive Design, Easy to build

Cons: Adjustable Shelves Thin

Best Uses: Cds, Small Rooms, Dvds, Video games, Books, Large Rooms

Describe Yourself: CD Collector, Movie Enthusiast, Book Collector, Video Gamer

Was this a gift?: No

I now have three of these shelves in my apartment. I bought one many years ago and I was sad to see that they have changed the design slightly when I decided to buy more. The shelves are much thinner than the original design, so they are not as sturdy as the original one I purchased.

That being said, I've decided to re-purpose these shelves to start handling my collection of paperback books. CD/DVD shelves are simply the perfect width for these things and you can fit hundreds of average sized paperbacks on a shelf! Rather than using a typical wide bookshelf to store these types of books, these shelves are perfect for this purpose.

I am even planning on buying a shelf to put hardcover books on, though I am slightly nervous about the shelves holding the weight. I suspect an average sized fiction hardcover should hold up just fine, but these shelves are simply unsuitable for my text books. In that regard I use a typical larger sized bookshelf. A regular fiction hardcover sticks out only a few inches beyond the shelf, but I find the width is still perfect to manage these books as well. We'll see how my future shelf buying goes over the year... I project I need 5 more of these! One will be for my DVD's/Xbox games though.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment